lørdag 7. juli 2012

A little course in blending:



There are allot of you that have asked me how I blend my eyeshadows, so this one is for you guys! I decided to do a black smokey eye this time, but I always use the same blending method.
What I find extremely important about blending, is that you have to have at least one eyeshadow that`s close to your skintone. This is important because the effect of the blending get`s more natural this way. And ofc you don`t have to use black eyeshadow, you can use the color you want. Just make sure you have an eyeshadow close to your own skincolor, and an eyeshadow close to the lidcolor you choose to use.

For this look I will use three colors, all from my Coastal Scents 88 palette. And yes, the right one is very well used, but for a good reason. Heheh...Let`s call the one on the left for number 1, and the one on the right for number 2. I also used the matt black from this palette.




Allrighty then? Let`s get on with it. =)


Before u start: Remember to always use a primer to get the best results, and to prevent everything from creasing. I use the Mac paint pot in Soft ohcre. Apply this from lid up to brow, and under the eye if necessary.



Step one: Apply a sticky base (eyeliner, jumbo pencil or whatever you like to use) on the lid up to your crease, add a little under the eye as well, like this:




Step two: Apply the eyeshadow you want on top of the sticky base, this will set your eyeshadow.



Step three: So here`s where the blending starts. Take shadow number two and start working it into the crease along with the black. Move your brush back and forth in the direction as shown, till you are satisfied with the result.



Step four: Now actually the hard work is over. What you are going to do now, is to take shadow number 1 and place that from the crease and up to the brow. This will make the results even better.




Can you see the difference between the last two pictures? It may be hard to notice, but it will make a huge difference, and look so much better. I promise. After you have done this, it`s up to you if you want to line your waterline with an eyeliner, or put on some false eyelashes. I chose not to do this for this look. I just put a little mascara on, and did my brows. =) And this is the finished result.




So I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If there`s anything you`d like to know, just ask me here, or on my faceook page @Easymakeup makeupblog.

<3 STAY SMASHING <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar